Monday, April 27, 2009
Another trip to emerg! (Week 26)
Dallas and I made yet another trip to emergency last night. At about 9:30pm, I was in major pain all over my stomach and all over my back. My belly was also getting hard, then soft. We tried laying down, and the pain did not stop. Because of the fact that we are at a high risk for preterm labour, we decided to go to emergency at 10:30pm. We were seen right away and hooked up to the fetal heart beat machine to do a "stress test". This test basically measures the babies heart beats for 20 minutes as well as any contractions I have and it tells the doctor if the babies are OK. It was nice to hear their little heart beats again. We could also hear every time they kick. It sounded like a little "thud". I would tell Dallas "That was Kennedy!" or "That one was Dylan!". They were kicking like crazy. Actually, their kicking is starting to hurt now....and if you look at my belly you can actually see it move when they kick!
After the stress test, they called our doctor who advised them that we are at high risk for preterm labour and that he would like a Fetal Fibronectin test done. This test will tell if you are going to go into labour in the next two weeks.
Luckily, both tests came back negative. The babies are fine, but once again I am not. The pain I am feeling is "normal". I can take Tylenol for it, but basically I there is nothing else that can be done. The doctor at the hospital also advised that I am not to work for the rest of the week. I see my doctor on Wednesday, who will assess the situation at that time, but it is looking like I am done work. Because of the Placenta Previa (placenta covering my cervix) and because of the fact that the boys are identical, I am at a higher risk of having them early and any physical work adds to the risk.
So, there will be a lot of resting in my near future. I am still in a lot of pain but I can take it! As long as the babies are happy and healthy, I am fine with dealing with the other side affects.
Posted by Corinne115