Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another new doctor! (Week 26)

So, I went to go see my doctor again yesterday. He went over the ultra sound results with me. My placenta is totally covering my cervix now (it was just covering it half way before) which is bad. The weight of the placenta and the weight of the boys on top of it is a recipe for disaster. So, I am off work and I need to rest as much as possible. I can be on my feet for a little bit at a time, but mostly I need to be sitting or laying down. 

Because of the complete placenta previa, I now need to go to another doctor in Edmonton. Edmonton has more resources if something goes wrong during the c-section and the doctor I will be going to  has more experience with placenta previa and Monochorionic/Diamniotic twins. So in the long run, it is better...I just really don't want to have to drive to Edmonton every week.....It hurts me to be in a car for 15 minutes, let along 1 hour! But again, this is what we have to do to make sure our boys are healthy.

My belly is getting bigger and bigger....it is so cool to see my belly move when the boys kick me! They kick so hard now...it keeps me up most nights!

Love you all!



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog as I was searching twin blogs - I just found out at 21weeks that I'm expecting possible identical twins that likely are sharing a placenta. Just wanted to say HI! And I hope that all goes well with you!

    ReplyDelete