Friday, March 26, 2010

Update on our sick boys :(

So, we went to the pediatricians again this morning after a horrible night. The boys were screaming from 11 till 2am then form 4 till 5am. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. The results are still not back. The doctor thinks it is one of 3 things. He thinks it may be Salmonella, Shigella or Campylobacter. From the research I have done (only a bit) it seems that Shigella is the worst of the three. We have the option of starting antibiotics that may help 2 out of the 3 diseases or waiting until we get the results back on Monday. There are pros and cons for starting the anitbiotics now. We have not decided what to do. Our pedi asked us to call him back at 3pm to see if the results are back again. At that time, if we decide to start the antibiotics then we can get a script. There is a long list of things to look for in the boys that would warrant a trip to the ER. 

Once again, we will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment