Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby K Update...20 week ultrasound!

We are half way there! Time is just flying by at warp speed! We went for our 20 week ultrasound to check on Baby K. I decided a week beforehand that I NEEDED to find out the sex of the baby. Dallas and I talked about it and we both agreed that it would be a nice change for me to be able to properly "nest" with this baby. We also flipped a coin (our "go to" for decision making) to see if we should find out or not. The coin said we shouldn't find out. I didn't care! I wanted to know!

Well...Baby K had other ideas! The whole time he/she had her (we will call her a "her" because we want a girl) legs crossed! I tried to change positions, and I tried poking my belly. Nothing worked! In fact, it made her cross her legs even more! We are taking that as a sign that she is being a  shy girl who doesn't want to show her girl parts to the wold!

They also told us that it looks like the placenta is not close to my cervix! This means we can go ahead with our VBAC water birth! We are both so happy about this. This news definitely trumps not finding out the gender of Baby K! I am so excited to have this baby and experience what it all feels like!














No comments:

Post a Comment